Wow. Time sure flies when you’re
- moving 16 years of junk out of a big spacious home into a place half the size
- fighting to keep the new owners out of our house until closing. (we lost)
- struggling to clean the old house while the new owners are painting the walls. (WTH!)
- struggling to understand how they can start painting walls before we’ve even closed on the house.
- wondering why, if they were so anxious, they wouldn’t let us close on Sept. 1 like we wanted them too.
And it flies when you’re
- working 8 consecutive days in order to get a few days off to use for non-stop packing and hauling of stuff.
- flying to Las Vegas to spend some quality time with my daughter, mother and grandmother.
- Touring nonstop while there, making sure to squeeze in a week’s worth of fun into two days…. ’cause that’s all I had before I had to get back to work.
- stopping off on our way home from the airport so Mario could participate in the band competition being held on my old high school stomping grounds.
- watching them take 1st place in their division before high-tailing it home to my hubby who I hadn’t seen in days.
- waking up to another funfilled day of work.
And somewhere in the midst of all this chaos, my baby girl turned 16.
Although I’ve been crazy busy, I’m so glad I helped her celebrate in a big way! She spent her day riding the Big Shot and Insanity rides atop the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.
Eating lunch at Guy Fieri’s restaurant in The Quad.
Taking a 30 minute ride on The High Roller.
Definitely a sweet way to celebrate her 16th.
Now we’re back to our daily grind, but come Thursday…. come Thursday, I will have my first day off in the new house. .After more than two weeks, I hope to finally unpack and make the house our home.
Or I may just sleep. We’ll have to see.